Thursday, January 27, 2011

Breathe

My second week in Argentina is almost done! This week went by WAY fast. Sometimes, though, I feel like with every struggle, that I've been here for so much longer. I noticed yesterday morning that since my arrival, I'd been waking up just about every morning with anxiety. For what, I don't know. Most days, all I have to do is go to Spanish class for 2 hours. I think it just has to do with me adjusting to the city, not knowing a lot about the city (i.e. transportation and locations), having some troubles with the language, anticipation for my internship, and even greater a reason, not knowing what the future holds.

Finally, yesterday I just had to stop my self and say, "Bianca, you're being rediculous. There's no reason why you need to be scared or anxious for anything. God's got you." So, I said a prayer, did some Bible study, worked out, and got ready for the day. I have to just keep reminding myself that everything's going to be ok. I'm going to look back on this trip and wonder why was I a trip?

I now declare, I, Bianca Aaron, will enjoy my time here in Buenos Aires, Argentina, be grateful for every moment, and make the most out of every new and, perhaps at times even monotonous experience. I refuse to let fear and anxiety run my life and rob me of my joy. For God has not given me a spirit of fear, but one of power and of love and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)!

There. Now I can live.

No comments:

Post a Comment