Friday, March 11, 2011

Black Women Rock!

Since I've been in the BA, I've had times... many times, actually, when I've felt like I've missed out on some stuff going on back in CoMo (that's Columbia, Missouri) on MU's campus. One of the things that I missed was a tribute to Black women... This is, after all National Women's History Month. So, in honor of Black women, a friend of mine put on this tribute called Black Women Rock!, inspired by Black Entertainment Television's (BET) Black Girls Rock!

As a reflection of the network's rendition, there was a segment of the University's tribute called 4 Women. This jazz song was written by a women named Nina Simone, who wrote it to display three different lives, sufferings, and characteristics of Black women.

I watched both renditions and got chills. You probably will too.

Ok, enough of my jabber... CHECK IT OUT!!!

BET's: http://www.bet.com/video/1428564 (also seen in the second video in the video bar to the left)

AND

Mizzou's: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1822595055136&comments

No comments:

Post a Comment